Friday, May 17, 2013 4-9 P.M.
Free admission. Free parking available in lots C, D and L.
The festival will include:
- Artwalk featuring talented artists through out the county and beyond will exhibit and sell their work.
- Arts Connection & RAFFMA will be co-hosting an information lounge.
- The Music Department will present their 3rd Annual Jazz Festival featuring Poncho Sanchez and Mongorama
In addition, the Music Department will host music workshops for kids.
- The Art Department will present MFA open studios and present live glass, clay throwing, & metal pouring demonstrations.
- The art museum, the Robert and Frances Fullerton Museum of Art (RAFFMA) will have three exhibitions on display (they will be offering docent lead tours for free during the event) and will present a showing of the documentary "Los Four" at 6pm:
A Walk through Teméeku: A look into the past and present of the
Chicano Muralists in Southern California, 1968-1985: The first
generation of a cultural revolution – through the camera of Elliot
Now and Later: New Acquisitions and Promised Gifts, 2010-2012
-The Pfau Library will host a Chalk Walk and a Brown Book Bag sale. In addition, they will have two exhibits on view in the library.
-Underground Music Society Presents Best of The Bands, the winners of IE's Best of The Bands.
- RAFFMA's Education Interns will lead children's activities from 4-7pm.
- Food Trucks featuring cajun food, funnel cake, cotton candy and more will be parked and ready to delight your taste buds.
For more information and accommodation for disability, please contact RAFFMA at 909-537-7373 or visit facebook.com/amfcsusb.